Mixed-use: Hotel and Medical Offices
A commercial office building and Comfort Inn hotel, located on a single parcel in Gaithersburg, MD, saw the need to implement cost-saving energy efficiency upgrades.
Property Owner: Rock Grove Associates
Measures: Building Envelope, HVAC Replacement, LED Lighting
Capital Provider: greenworkslending.com
The hotel and medical office worked with MD-PACE to integrate $1,400,000 of C-PACE financing into the multi-tenant office project. The office is expected to save $134,444 in the first year, and $3,174,510 in lifetime savings. The Comfort Inn hotel received Choice Hotel’s highest-level certification for sustainability, following the improvements.
- Increased tenant and guest comfort
- Marketability improved as Comfort INN (tenant) received Choice Hotel’s highest level of certification for sustainability
- Decreased maintenance and operating expenses
- Lifetime projected savings of $3.17M
Recurrent LLC is a Rockville Maryland based C-PACE program contractor who has completed hundreds of projects since its founding in 2013.
- Received the Bethesda Green “Innovation Award” based on the improvements and project design.
“This project allows us to materially improve our buildings’ comfort.”Bob Eisinger